Let your child get online & interact with teachers & fellow students!
Here’s what you get with the course:
Charcoal art is the use of charred sticks of wood to make finished drawings. Charcoal is one of the first tools humans used to make artwork, appearing in cave paintings dating back 28,000 years. Artists have refined the medium from burnt wood to finely-ground charcoal bound with wax or gum into sticks, crayons, and pencils. Nowadays you can easily create charcoal drawings using charcoal pencils or charcoal sticks. From Leonardo da Vinci to Odilon Redon, many famous artists used charcoal in their paintings.
In this class you will be carefully supported and guided through the entire process and you’ll learn:
• How to draw a simple scene with charcoal
• Basics of charcoal painting
• Concepts like shading, blending, and creating textures
• How to create highlights and shadows
• The meaning of value in charcoal paintings
• How to apply charcoal to represent different values (lightness and darkness)
When we are finished, you will walk away with a new set of skills you can use to create more beautiful drawings.
This course is designed for students interested in drawing, especially for the ones who want to learn attractive charcoal techniques.
So what are you waiting for? Sign up now and change your art world today!