In this course learner will identify new vocabulary words from
a text read aloud. Locate an unknown word and write it in the notebook. Create mini
sentences. Perform Worksheets based on the unknown words. Two main approaches
to Vocabulary Development will be followed in the Course-
• Daily conversation
• Independent reading
• Oral discussions
Direct Approach :
- Formal vocabulary curriculum
- Word analysis
- Teaching roots( using word tree exrupt), suffixes and prefixes.
Note- Online Worksheets will be provided.
1.Learner will be taught Phonics which will include Reading, Word study and Spelling,
2. Learner will be able to recognize words in a sentence with its meaning, syllables in
a word, phonemes in words and letter /sound relationship.
3. Development of rich vocabulary, forming sentences with the vocabulary.
4. Fluency- (Repetitive Learning)-Automatic recall of words and sound
5. Practice reading with expressions
6. Four types of Vocabulary (listening, Reading, Writing , Speaking)