This ongoing club will focus on the basic of information tecnology. Learner will learn diffrent topics like
- Computer Systems: characteristics of a computer, components of a computer system – CPU, memory, storage devices and I/O devices
Memory: primary (RAM and ROM) and secondary memory
Storage devices: hard disk, CD ROM, DVD, pen/flash drive, memory stick
I/O devices: keyboard, mouse, monitor, printer, scanner, web camera
Types of software: system software (operating system, device drivers), application software including mobile applications
Computer networking: Type of networks: PAN, LAN, MAN, WAN, wired/wireless communication, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, cloud computers (private/public)
Multimedia: images, audio, video, animation
- Office tool: Introduction to a word processor: create and save a document.Edit and format text: text style (B, I, U), font type, font size, text colour, alignment of text.
- Scratch or Python:Alternative 1: Educational programming language – Scratch
- Introduction to Scratch.
Drag and drop commands, creating simple scripts, repeating blocks of commands.
Discuss x-y plane, create scripts to move the cat (Scratch mascot).
Create a script to draw diagrams using the pen feature.
Alternative 2: Python - (provided as an option to children with special needs)
- Introduction to Python:A simple “Hello World" program
Running a Python program
The notion of data-types and variables: integer, float, string
Arithmetic operations: +, -, *, Basic I/O devices: use the mouse and keyboard, draw a figure.
- Working with the operating system: Navigation of the file system using a mouse and keyboard.
Word processing: create a text document; create a letter, report, and greeting card.
Create a text document with figures in it. It should describe a concept taught in another course.
Discuss the following in a text document about the basic organisation of a computer: CPU, memory, input/output devices, hard disk.
Create a text document in an Indian language other than English.
Create a presentation.
Create a presentation with animation.
Include existing images/ pictures in a presentation.
Animate pictures and text with sound effects in a presentation
Create a simple spreadsheet and perform the following operations: min, max, sum, and average.
Create different types of charts using a spreadsheet: line, bar, area and pie.
Write basic Scratch/Python programs.