Vedic Mathematics is a great boon to the modern world from our ancient ages. It is an ancient technique, revived by His Holiness Jagadguru Bharathi Krishna Tirthaji. Vedic Mathematics is based on 16 Sutras (Formulas) and 16 Upa-Sutras (Sub-Formulas). These are in words and are very much useful in solving the problems. The Vedic methods are simple, short and speedy. The answers can be worked out in 2 or 3 lines. This saves a lot of time, space and energy. Answers can be computed mentally without using pen and paper.
Vedic mathematics has many advantages:
- Addition, subtraction, multiplication, etc. can be done from left to right as against traditional right to left.
- The answers can be verified easily and quickly.
- Multiplication, division, squares and square roots, cubes and cube roots, reciprocals etc. can be done easily and accurately.
- Accuracy will be far better than calculators. Calculators have their own limitations.
- Alternate methods are possible to solve a problem.
- It works well with arithmetic, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, and calculus.
Vedic mathematics is very much useful to the students studying in schools, colleges and every person in general. It is also helpful for those who are preparing for competitive and entrance examinations. It is well tested by scientists and engineers at NASA and taught in UK and other European countries.